Annual Alumni Awards
The Kennesaw State University Alumni Awards program recognizes the highest levels of achievement and service among KSU alumni. The awards recognize alumni who have demonstrated exceptional leadership in the following areas:
KSU Distinguished Alumni Award
The KSU Distinguished Alumni Award is the most prestigious and highest honor given by the KSU Alumni Association. It honors an alumnus/a who brings recognition and pride back to the University through excellent leadership and service to the University, the community, and his or her profession.
KSU Alumni Service Award
The KSU Alumni Service Award goes to an alumnus/a who demonstrates exceptional service to KSU by volunteering their time and expertise.
KSU Young Alumni Service Award
The KSU Young Alumni Service Award recognizes an alumnus/a who graduated within the last ten years who demonstrates exceptional service to KSU by volunteering their time and expertise.
SPSU Legacy Award
The SPSU Legacy Award is awarded to an alumnus/a who illustrates commitment to the STEM field and continued service to the University. The SPSU legacy lives on within the foundation of KSU, inspiring generations of STEM students to come.
KSU Alumni Community Impact Award
The KSU Alumni Community Impact Award is presented to an alumnus/a who has shown remarkable achievements in local, national, and/or global service.
- Nominees must have earned a degree from Kennesaw State University or Southern Polytechnic State University (or any preceding iteration of either institution). This does not include certificate programs.
- Current KSU faculty and staff who are also alumni are eligible.
- Current members of KSU Alumni Board of Directors and their immediate family members are not eligible to receive an award while serving.
- Members of the Kennesaw State University Board of Trustees are not eligible to receive an award while serving.
- Members of Public Office (appointed or elected) are not eligible to receive an Alumni Award during their term. Once the individual no longer holds an elected or appointed position in political office they are eligible.
- Past Alumni Award recipients are only eligible in categories other than the category in which they have already been given an award. In addition, their subsequent achievements must be substantially different from those for which their first award was given.
- Alumni who have received an Honorary Degree from Kennesaw State University are not eligible.