KSU Black Alumni Society (BAS)
The KSU Black Alumni Society (BAS) was established on February 5th, 2000, and celebrated their 20th anniversary in February 2020! Take a glance at the 20th Anniversary Celebration.BAS Anniversary Photos
The BAS works to inform, involve and serve black alumni as it promotes Kennesaw State University. BAS works diligently to cultivate a sense of pride, integrity and the gift of giving by promoting and facilitating the engagement of African-American and African alumni with KSU. BAS is a way to deepen your connection with the KSU Alumni Association through professional and social networking, volunteerism and mentoring.
- Promote the cause of higher education for black students at KSU;
- Provide a forum for information exchange and networking among KSU alumni, current students, faculty and staff, and friends of KSU;
- Foster a spirit of diversity and a celebration of cultures through organized events;
- Assist in recognizing the achievements of new graduates, alumni, current students, faculty, and staff at annual celebratory events;
- Foster the development and maintenance of scholarships and other means of assisting black students in their pursuit of education at KSU;
- Encourage black alumni to serve as mentors for KSU students and in the community at large;
- Increase membership and participation of black alumni within the BAS and at all levels of leadership within the Alumni Association.
We invite you to join our efforts to redefine the voice of black Alumni to strengthen networking and philanthropy and to ensure the enrollment and graduation of our black students. If you are not receiving information from the KSU BAS and would like to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address, and we will add you to the contact list.
Get Involved and Give Back
There are many ways to give back the KSU community. The BAS has a fantastic leadership team that helps to identify and provide opportunities for our black alumni. Get involved by joining one of the committees below by sending an email to email@example.com:
- Student Retention and Mentoring Committee
- Scholarship & Fundraising Committee
- Alumni Engagement
- Communications Committee
Keep up-to-date on what’s happening with the BAS members. Join our Facebook Group:Join BAS FB
Do you have other questions that we haven’t covered? Please reach out to:
Matthew Upchurch Butler
KSU Black Alumni Society