Southern Polytechnic State University Alumni Society (SPSUAS)
In July of 2021, the Southern Polytechnic State University Alumni Society (SPSUAS) was founded under the Kennesaw State University Alumni Association. In recognition of the legacy of SPSU, the SPSUAS will work towards honoring the traditions of SPSU, advancing education in the STEAM fields, and connecting alumni across the nation back to KSU.
Mission and Vision
The SPSUAS operates with the focus of “Building STEAM for Dreams: Honoring the Legacy of SPSU at KSU.”
- Promote the cause of higher education to current KSU students.
- Provide a forum for information exchange and networking among former SPSU alumni, current students, faculty, and staff, and friends of KSU.
- Foster a spirit of tradition and pride through organized events.
- Assist in recognizing the achievements of new graduates, alumni, current students, faculty, and staff at annual celebratory events.
- Encourage former SPSU alumni to serve as mentors for KSU students and in the community at large.
- Increase membership, alumni giving and participation of SPSU alumni in the SPSU Alumni Society and at all levels of leadership within the Alumni Association.
SPSU Alumni Society Charter Member Box
Celebrate the launch of the SPSU Alumni Society and take part in this limited time offer to show your support by purchasing an SPSUAS Charter Member Box! This box features exclusive items that will only be available through the Charter Box. A portion of each purchase goes to support the SPSU Alumni Legacy Scholarship.Show your SPSU pride and buy your box today!
Join the SPSU Alumni Society
Members of the SPSUAS support the SPSU Alumni Legacy Scholarship with a gift of any size. The purpose of the SPSU Alumni Legacy Scholarship is to provide financial support for students who exhibit qualities that reflect the mission and values of the former Southern Polytechnic State University.
To be eligible to receive the SPSU Alumni Legacy Scholarship, a student must meet the following qualifications:
- Enrolled full-time
- Must be enrolled in one of the following KSU Colleges: College of Architecture and Construction Management, College of Computing and Software Engineering, and Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
- Excellent academic standing as reflected by a minimum 3.0 overall GPA
- Must have been involved in service to his or her community
- Renewable with application if student continues to adhere to criteria of scholarship
The student(s) may use the funds for tuition, fees, room, board or any other educational expenses.
Join the SPSUAS and make a gift today!Become a member!
Connect with the SPSU alumni society and celebrate with you fellow graduates in the history and legacy of SPSU. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are not receiving information on the SPSU alumni society, update your information.Update information
Alumni establish scholarship to help Kennesaw State computing students in needChris and Amanda Arrendale, both graduates from Southern Polytechnic State University (SPSU), now Kennesaw State University, feel like they have come full circle.
SPSU Alumni Society president invites Hornets to stir the nestThe name Southern Polytechnic State University invokes a special type of pride from those who bleed green and gold. It’s a feeling many SPSU alumni felt this week when the Kennesaw State University Alumni Association launched the official Southern Polytechnic State University Alumni Society (SPSUAS).
Kennesaw State student organization receives national awardKennesaw State University’s MAC: Mentoring Architecture Construction student organization has received INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine’s 2021 Inspiring Programs in STEM Award for its role in guiding underrepresented groups toward careers in architecture and construction management.